Posts
208
Comments
1144
Trackbacks
CMAP Presentation - ASP.NET MVC and Unit Testing Code Samples

The code samples from my recent presentation at the CMAP Main meeting can be downloaded here: MVC and Unit Testing. The direct download link is here.

posted on Wednesday, October 8, 2008 7:15 PM Print
Comments
# re: CMAP Presentation - ASP.NET MVC and Unit Testing Code Samples
Lei
10/8/2008 10:26 PM
Steve, we talked briefly after your CMAP presentation. Great coverage on the topic. With the code download I can't wait to try it out.
# re: CMAP Presentation - ASP.NET MVC and Unit Testing Code Samples
Walter Hanchak, Jr.
10/9/2008 4:07 PM
I too thought your presentation was great.

My question involves the place of xml, serialization, and web services with wcf in the overall architecture of mvc.

All of the code display was heavy objects. One must assume that there is methods of setting up an interface for xml use.

Sincerely,

W. Hanchak, Jr.
# re: CMAP Presentation - ASP.NET MVC and Unit Testing Code Samples
Steve
10/22/2008 5:42 AM
Walter - In terms of xml, serialization, and web services, the Views in MVC are really meant to work on the business objects. If you want to get your data from a web service, the first option would be to have your Controllers interact with those web services and pass the Model to thew Views. You *could* have your view interact directly with the web services but this would technically be a violation of MVC since your views would then have knowledge of your services layer which is supposed to be the job of the controllers.
# re: CMAP Presentation - ASP.NET MVC and Unit Testing Code Samples
Sandeep Nimal
12/2/2008 12:22 AM
I am a student of NIIT and i want to presentation of a project which i had created in ASP.Net so how should i should present it.
# re: CMAP Presentation - ASP.NET MVC and Unit Testing Code Samples
Steve
12/2/2008 4:45 PM
Sandeep - I would suggest you look for .NET user groups in you area and email the director.

Title *
Name *
Comment *
Verification

View Steve Michelotti's profile on LinkedIn

profile for Steve Michelotti at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Google My Blog